Made with protein powder and almond milk, this easy Protein Powder Chia Pudding is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, high-protein snack, or even a tasty dessert.
Not only is this chia pudding high in protein, but it’s also gluten-free and can be easily adjusted for vegan diets.
Plus, you can customize the flavor to your liking by using new protein powder flavors or adding different spices or sweeteners.
So if you’re looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast alternative, be sure to give chia pudding a try!
Macro Breakdown & Calories
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate: 18 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Fat: 11 g
This chia pudding is a great breakfast, snack, or dessert option for those looking for a high-protein, low-carb dish.
The protein powder and chia seeds will help to keep you full while the almond milk provides healthy fats and carbs.
There is a ton of fiber in this recipe, as well, from the chia seeds and berries. Coming in at 32 grams of protein, this recipe is perfect for those trying to reach high protein goals.
- Almond milk: I used my favorite Orgain protein almond milk to add even more protein to this recipe. I go for the unsweetened vanilla almond milk because I think it offers some nice flavors to sweeter dishes without tons of added sugar.
- Protein powder: I like to use Orgain whey protein powder in general because I like the flavor and the consistency of it. I used the vanilla flavor in this chia pudding recipe because I’m more of a vanilla lover, however, you can use chocolate protein powder for a chocolate-flavored pudding. You can also use plant-based protein powder to make this a completely vegan dish ( I recommend Fitppl protein for vegans).
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a great source of fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. They help to thicken the pudding and add a bit of texture as well.
- Honey: I used honey to sweeten my chia pudding, but you could also use agave nectar, maple syrup, or another sweetener of your choice.
- Toppings: I topped my chia pudding with fresh raspberries and blackberries. You could also top your pudding with diced fruit, nuts, or seeds.
How To Make Protein Powder Chia Pudding
In a blender or food processor, combine the almond milk and protein powder. You can also do this by hand but I find it’s quicker in a blender and you get a smoother result.
Pour the almond milk mixture into a cup or bowl and mix in chia seeds and honey.
Place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to thicken. I leave mine overnight for maximum thickness.
Add whatever desired toppings you’d like and enjoy!
Check out these 15 Bodybuilding Breakfast Ideas (For Bulking or Cutting) for other breakfast recipes.
For a higher calorie chia pudding, you could use whole milk or a milk alternative with added fats.
You could also add in some nut butter or top with granola for extra calories.
If you want to keep this chia pudding lower in calories, you could use a low-fat milk alternative or water. You could also omit the honey or use a sugar-free sweetener.
Use whatever flavor of protein powder that you’d like to customize this pudding.
If you can’t have nuts, replace the nut milk with an alternative like oat milk, rice milk, or even normal milk.
Feel free to switch up the flavor by using different types of fruit, adding flavors like cinnamon or cocoa powder, or using different sweeteners like maple syrup.
How To Store & Meal Prep:
Chia pudding can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Simply mix together all the ingredients, place them in an airtight container or Mason jar, and store in the fridge.
When you’re ready to eat, remove it from the fridge and add desired toppings.
Frequently Asked Questions: Protein Powder Chia Pudding
Can I Add Chia Seeds To My Protein Powder?
Yes, chia seeds are a great way to add some extra fiber and nutrients to your chia pudding. Just keep in mind that they have a congealing effect, so they can change the texture of certain dishes.
Is Chia Pudding Good For Weight Loss?
Chia pudding is a great breakfast or snack option for those looking to lose weight. It’s high in protein and fiber, which can help you feel fuller longer.
How Much Protein Does Chia Pudding Have?
This chia pudding has 32 grams of protein, which mostly comes from high protein ingredients like protein powder and almond milk. Chia seeds themselves offer some protein but without the other high protein components, this recipe would be much lower in protein than the original.
Other High Protein RecipesPrint
About The Author
Kelsey Butler is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist with a Master’s in Nutrition Sciences. She is an expert in nutrition research, coaching, content creation, and recipe development. Kelsey takes a mindful approach towards health and values building relationships with all foods. She understands the importance of providing recipes that anyone can enjoy, no matter their dietary needs. When she’s not focusing on nutrition, Kelsey has a passion for cooking, the outdoors, running, and travel.